Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hospital Again

4 Nights ago Samara started having trouble breathing, and we took her in to the Redcliffe Hospital. They basically just did some obs on her, and suctioned out her nose, before sending her home a few hours later. The next 2 nights, I sat up with her all night keeping an eye on her. Then in the early hours of yesterday morning, we took her to the Royal Childrens Hospital. She is still there now on adrenaline, steroids and oxygen.

I am totally exhausted, and about to go to sleep (I hope!). And poor Michael will be spending his 40th birthday at the hospital!

We have FECS coming out on Tuesday to do an assessment on Samara, so hopefully we will be able to access physio, speech and OT through them. Then after that, I have a meeting with the DS association about taking photos for them for the DS Week posters. Should be fun!

Well, I know this is a bit of a pathetic entry. But I am tired. So tired that maybe I am just dreaming this. So I am going to try and catch some ZZZ's before heading back up to the hospital....

Night All.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. We're in the hospital, too, following Simeon's heart surgery. Hope she feels better soon and you can get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there,
    I saw a post of yours on BC, and oooh I'm a Redcliffe girl too.
    I'm having my first there in 7 weeks... pretty excited!
    anyway I'm going to track this blog and see how Samara goes...
    good luck with everything!
    xx

    ReplyDelete