Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why Bloggers Syndrome?

These days, it seems like everyone has a syndrome of some sort. So I figured, why can't I have one too?

After years of having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I decided it was time for a change. So now that I have somewhere to put all my ramblings, Bloggers Syndrome it is.

Speaking of Syndromes - we've got our fair share of those too. Renata and Bryanna have Aspergers Syndrome. And Samara has Down Syndrome. Sara was a near miss for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). And the females in my family (me, the girls, my sisters, mum, aunts etc) all have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (20 points if you can figure THAT one out! LOL).

As an intro to those who don't know us (yet), my family consists of me (Carolyn), dh (Michael) and our 7 beautiful daughters - Alicia, Sara, Renata, Christiana, Bryanna, Mahalia and Samara (our only 'Aussie' who was born in Sep 08 at 31 weeks). We live near the beach in Brisbane, QLD, Australia.

We are a homeschooling Christian family. We moved to Australia from New Zealand in July 2007. Michael is a computer geek, and I am a SAHM, and am just starting out on a new business venture - Special Needs Kids Photography. I am pretty nervous about it - I've never been one for much self-esteem. But the one thing I do know is that I love working with these wonderful children.

I will try and pop in regularly. Not sure if what I write will be of any interest to anyone, but hey, at least I can come here to gripe rather than to my family ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow do you ever take beautiful pictures (of your beautiful subjects.) With your talent, the new venture is sure to be a success. I only wish you were in NY so I could pay you to photograph my princess :-)

    ReplyDelete