Saturday, September 4, 2010

Christchurch Earthquake

Well, I was woken at 5.30 this morning by Sara ringing me from New Zealand to tell me that there was a massive earthquake in Christchurch this morning. She knows me well enough to wake me up and let me know they are all okay, rather than let me read about it on Facebook and freak out!! LOL.
Alicia lives in Christchurch, and said while it was freaky, they are all okay. Power is out in most of Ch-Ch, but not her place, so she is pretty lucky there!
It seems kinda hard to believe really. I mean, there are quite a few small earthquakes there, but I don't ever remember there being one that caused damage. Seeing the photos online doesn't really equate with Christchurch in my mind!
Personally I hate earthquakes. They really scare me. So I have to say, I am so glad I wasn't still in New Zealand right at this moment.
Apart from Samara's birthday party later today, it is also her cousin Hannah's 10th birthday party today. I am thinking that maybe the attention will be more on the earthquake than her. I hope not though. And I hope she has a great pool party! Good thing it's in Timaru, not Christchurch. Otherwise it may have had to be postponed.
Well, it is 7am now, and the family will start to wake soon. But I am exhausted, so going to try and catch a few more zzzz's.
Please keep the people of Christchurch in your prayers, as damage becomes more apparent, and as they deal with the cleanup, sewage problems, and looting.

No comments:

Post a Comment